Community actors can play a pivotal role in child protection system in their local community by:
- Raising awareness on issues, laws and services related to child protection
- Influencing social practices and behavior through workshop, meeting and training
- Detecting and receiving reports of vulnerable children and data management
- Deciding actions to be taken, including referrals as per the needs of individual children because the needs of individual may be different.
- Bridging the gaps between communities and the formal system: report crimes, access to social services; follow up responses from the justice system.
CIN has helped 54 children who were living and working on the streets. Among them, 44 were reintegrated with their families and 10 are living in rehabilitation home.